I'm still not putting any weight on my foot and I still have about 10 stitches. I have been able to wash my leg to get the iodine and writing off of it. The skin has gotten very dry and is peeling. I'm glad to see that the pressure sore is looking a little better and that the top of my foot is less sensitive. I'm not wearing my BIG BLACK BOOT while I am at home and sitting around. I use it for when I have to leave the house. I'm trying to keep all pressure off the back of my heel & top of my foot. I have found that I need to keep it wrapped in a small ace bandage. I do that for the swelling as well as it just feels good to have it wrapped.
I am tired of the sitting all day. I do get up and help get dinner going or fill the dishwasher. I even make it into the laundry room (when the floor is clear) and fold clothes. I can't really get a load going in the washer too easily. I leave that for Courtney to take care of. She's pretty good about it even though some times she does it on her schedule and not mine. Ian has become a lot of help lately with fixin' dinner. He loves to make fresh tea! Chloe is my go get it girl as well as dog walker most days. I try to make sure Ian takes Trixie out at least once every day. I.B. has actually started making both Ian and Chloe go out together after it gets dark to walk Trixie. I.B. has done OK as far as helping out. He has had to do ALL the grocery shopping. I'll make a list and he goes to the store. I have to say I do miss going to the store and strolling the isles. Usually, I.B. will come back with exactly what is on the list and whatever junk he sees and is in the mood for.
I know that all this is good for my family. I mean good as in the sense of they all need to know how to do everything that I do on a daily bases. I am so ready to be back to being able to jump up and do as I please. At least I go back in 3 days to get the stitches out!!! AND it will be time to start putting a little weight through my foot!
No comments:
Post a Comment