Finally, I got the 13 stitches out!!!
I couldn't believe how busy the doctor's office was at this visit. I mean I had to wait for an hour and a half to see the doctor. It took 3 people to take out all 13 stitches! The first nurse got 9 out and the second nurse got 2 more out BUT... the last 2 were a pain! The skin had over grown the knots of the last 2 stitches making removing them very difficult. They had to call in the Physician's Assistant to come in to remove those stitches. I have to say I didn't mind that at all. See, I like the Physician's Assistant. He is really nice and not to mention easy on the eyes! :)
So, all the stitches are out and I can take showers now. YAY!!!!! I did find out that I do have a little bit of cartilage left in my ankle and that this last surgery should buy my another 2 to 3 years of hopefully "comfort". I will still need to have the back side of my ankle cleaned out eventually. I hope that I can put that surgery off a little while longer now.
No comments:
Post a Comment